Edit: Hmm. Now this post sounds unnecessarily snotty. Read at your own risk, and my apologies.😐
If you open this post and a distant chortling noise comes through your speakers, that’s me, snickering at some of the posts in the Intrepid Ibex discussion area.
- Issue: Ubuntu uses non-default-Gnome software and needs to delay the release to pick up new versions of my favorites.
- Solution: Build your own favorites and update your system, or better yet build your own pure Gnome system and avoid using the Ubuntu arrangement.
- Issue: Intrepid crashed and now I can’t access my resume.
- Solution: Don’t install incomplete software on critical machines.
- Issue: X is broken and needs fixed, but I didn’t do anything about it because everybody in this forum knows about it.
- Solution: There’s no need to bother mentioning a solution, because everybody in this forum knows about it.🙄
The moral of the story is the same as it is every six months. If you don’t know what you’re doing, don’t install development software. If you don’t know how to help fix it, don’t install development software. And if you don’t like the way it’s done, don’t install the software at all.