I was digging through my old posts, looking for something when I realized August is the anniversary of the start of this blog.
So here it is, one year later. Not to gloat, but if you’re curious, here are some numbers. …
- Nearly 240,000 pageviews … and climbing;
- More than 18,000 spam comments (I take a small measure of pride in that. You should see the junk e-mail I get. 🙄 )
- I put together 525 posts;
- The top post saw well over 30,000 hits in one day;
- Two or three others have crossed the one-day 3,000-view mark;
- Many more have been viewed thousands of times over the course of months;
- The Feisty guide (through all versions and revisions) has been downloaded more than 2600 times.
I know this site isn’t the next big thing, but it’s funny: I really never intended for this to become “popular” at all. When I started out, I just wanted somewhere to jot down notes about things I had done, so I could remember them later — things like configuration files and settings. And occasionally I’d see something interesting on the forums that I thought I’d save a link to. I didn’t expect it to last this long; to be honest, I thought I would lose interest after a bit.
Instead, it has turned into something different, and that’s a good thing.
So anyway, thanks for stopping by. I hope you find something of worth here, or at least something to amuse you. I appreciate your comments and it’s nice to get feedback, good or bad. Maybe next year, if there’s another anniversary, there will be cake! 😉